1. Create account.
- Register here, or login if you already have account
- Create a worker that will be used by the miner to login
2. Create a DNotes Coin address to receive payments.
- Downloading the wallet client & block chain: Download the DNotes Coin client.
Generate a new address and input it on your account page to receive payments.
3. Download a miner.
- Intel/ATI/AMD CGMiner 3.7.2 Scrypt Windows: Download here
- Intel/ATI/AMD CGMiner 3.7.2 Scrypt Linux: Download Here
- Intel/ATI/AMD BFGMiner Linux/Windows: Download here
- Fabulous Panda Miner Mac OS X: Download here
- Minerd CPU Miner Mac/Linux/Windows: Download here.
- NVIDIA Cudaminer: Download here
4. Configure your miner.
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://dnotespool.com:8333 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword
minerd -a --scrypt -t 6 -s 4 -o stratum+tcp://dnotespool.com:8333 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword
bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://dnotespool.com:8333 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword
cudaminer -o stratum+tcp://dnotespool.com:8333 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword
You then need to change "-u Weblogin.Worker -p Worker password" to reflect your own account. Eg, "-u Steve.StevesWorker -p StevesWorkerPassword". If you want, you can create additional workers with usernames and passwords of your choice here
If you want to mine on a Windows Operating System , Then you may want to create a Batch File to start your miner.
You can download pre-configured one from MEGA Here or you can make your own by opening notepad and then copy and pasting the following:
5. Advanced cgminer settings / FAQ
- Scrypt readme
- Don't set intensity too high, I=11 is standard and safest. Higher intensity takes more GPU RAM. Check for hardware errors in cgminer (HW). HW=0 is good, otherwise lower intensity :)
- Set shaders according to the readme (or look at your graphic cards specifications). Cgminer uses this value at first run to calculate thread-concurrency. Easiest way to get this optimized is to use same settings as others have used here: here.
- There's also an interesting project which gives you a GUI for cgminer. Windows only it seems.
- Here's a great guide how to get up and running with Xubuntu.